|PALS Test Prep|
|Written by Administrator|
|Wednesday, 04 July 2007 19:39|
Prepare for your pediatric advanced life support (PALS) exam and Megacode Skills Station with questions and rhythm recognition exercises DESIGNED TO HELP YOU PASS - designed by PALS instructors. This course is NOT for an AHA card.
This on-line course contains (by section):
1. Objectives, Directions, Benefits and Disclaimer
2. PALS Test Preparation Case Studies & Practice Questions - designed by instructors who know what it takes to pass - 85+ questions modeled after exam questions.
3. Rhythm Interpretation in Advanced Life Support - all the rhythms that you will need to know to pass the Megacode Skills Station - several images ("flash cards" of each)
4. Practice Tests that you can take over and over - 33 question multiple-choice tests and 10-question rhythm recognition tests
5. Final Exam that you can take until you pass - 33 questions - certificate of completion once you meet the course requirements (review at least 80% of the questions and answers in the practice sections) and pass the Final Exam (in case this course is a pre-requisite for other training) - certificate to be printed at your leisure upon completion of the course
As our name implies, FMI is FOCUSED on one objective with this PALS Prep course: to give healthcare providers the information necessary to pass an Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course and exam. Successful completion of this course does not earn an American Heart Association PALS card.
This on-line training aid includes:
1. Cases, multiple-choice questions and rhythm recognition that are designed to help you pass the PALS exam and Megacode Skills Station – written by PALS instructors with years of experience preparing students to pass.
2. "Flash card"-type Q&A that can help healthcare providers direct their own PALS test preparation.
3. Practice tests that approximate PALS exam conditions. These practice tests can be taken as many times as desired.
4. Final Exam that provides a certificate of completion (in case this course is a pre-requisite for other training).
1.FMI's PALS Test Preparation is uniquely designed to help you pass your exam. It is not designed to teach you PALS - rather think of it as comparable to what high school students study to get ready to ace the SAT.
2.Numerous practice questions and images drill you on: specific cases and questions as they will present in the exam (85+ cases/questions); the rhythms (images) that you will need to be able to recognize to pass the MegaCode Skills Station (65+ images); 33-question practice exams from a question bank of over 175+ questions that you can take over and over until you are ready; a 33-question final exam earns you a certificate of completion (in case this course is a pre-requisite for other training) while replicating actual PALS exam conditions.
Benefits of FMI Training and the LearnCentrix online learning platform
1.Instructor and Institutional Surveillance: Instructors and institutions can easily monitor all student activity in courses (when a group of student access rights are purchased in bulk). This can enable compliance programs.
2.Instructor Experience: FMI's online medical education is developed by practicing physicians in combination with leading instructors in the field who have many years of experience. These physicians, medical directors and instructors have recognized specific needs for this kind of online training - which is more robust than the usual e-learning modules - and much more practical, inexpensive, and focused than most live training.
3.Database-driven: Unlike most online training, students can leave a course and come back later to resume their studies – over weeks and months – because FMI’s online learning is built in a persistent database.
4.Collaboration Capabilities: The FMI learning content management system (lcms) allows course developers, instructors and students to collaborate in novel ways - from the creation of courses by teams in remote locations to the teaching of courses to students who are spread out, FMI's lcms allows for about any kind of collaboration on courses and content that you can imagine.
5.Content Enhancements from Database Platform: Because FMI courses are built in a robust lcms (database-driven), we can add content (e.g. in the "library") for use during or after courses, we can create custom pre- and post-tests, we can report on specific results (e.g. pre- vs. post-test results on specific questions), we can invite participants to other courses or events in specific portions of a course or content (e.g. in the pharmacology or antidote section, invite students to take surveys on drugs - for cash), etc.
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 May 2010 05:33|